Saturday, October 26, 2013

Granny Square Blanket

I've always wanted to give a try, to crochet a granny square blanket.  And since my etsy shop is loaded with almost 500 crochet items and I have some newly purchased yarn from Hancock Fabrics of Macon Georgia.  I decided to give it a try.  I'm in love with the outcome.  I don't really like working with a big project.  That's why if you've notice, most of my crochet projects can be done in an hour or a day.  But with granny squares, it takes planning and patient.  The biggest decision I made with this project is how to attach the squares together.  and I think that steered the directions how this blanket was completed.  I waited till all of my squares were completed and then attached them at the end.  But there are a few techniques on how to attached your granny squares and youtube.com have plenty of tutorials.

the colors weren't planned.  I just used what I had in stock, as per yarn.  

I love this granny square so much that I've already started on two similar project with a slight variations.  Will be posting them soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

#1 Best Seller on Amazon.com

#1 Best Seller on Amazon.com
Crochet Patterns by Alicia Miranda

Total Pageviews