Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Yarn hunting in Savannah Georgia

Got on a Greyhound bus today and headed down to Savannah Georgia. It's about 2.5 hours from Macon.  I love Savannah's downtown historic district.   Plenty of cafes, boutiques, restaurants, and art.  and I love that it's bike friendly.  I wish I can take my bike with me next time.

Anyway, I didn't want to be just a tourist today.  I wanted this trip to have some purpose.  So my first stop is to go yarn hunting.  Luckily, there's a yarn shop just a few blocks away from the Greyhound bus station.  It literally took me 5 to 6 minutes of walking.  Thanks to my sidekick, my smartphone, it gave me turn by turn walking direction.

I end up at Frayed Knot yarn shop.  I've been dreaming about this moment.  It was so much to take in.  The bad thing was, I forgot today was my trip to Savannah and I didn't save money to buy the amount of yarn I wanted.
But I still walk away with some yarn and some cool crochet needle.  I had to patronize the shop.  I came along way.  I love yarn display in the shop and guy at the store was so friendly.

He's holding the yarn I purchased.  They were 50% off.  Amazing deal.
I'm definitely coming back to shop.  and I'm going to learn to knit this year.  Thanks to his inspirational words.

The Frayed Knot is located in downtown Savannah on
6 West State Street
Savannah, GA 31401
Phone (912) 233-1240
www.thefrayedknotsav.com
email:  thefrayedknotsav@yahoo.com 

Here's more photos of Frayed Knot







No comments:

Post a Comment

#1 Best Seller on Amazon.com

#1 Best Seller on Amazon.com
Crochet Patterns by Alicia Miranda

Total Pageviews