Friday, February 1, 2013

USPS new price hikes

I'm am in shock about the United States Postal Service recent increase in postage.  I understand you have to increase the price for postage and delivery every now and then but this is outlandish, exuberant, or just plain outrageous!

I operate and own a small online shop, and we rely on delivery, of course, of our products to consumers.  But I had to make drastic action on my shipping department recently due to USPS price increase.  90% of my products are under 4 to 5 ounces, and what was once use to cost $3 to $4 to ship to Canada and other countries have now doubled.  Yes, DOUBLED!  That to me just don't make any fucking sense. 

You would think, that selling to other countries, would help the USA economy, because we are bringing in money from other countries, right. and that USPS, should do everything they can to accommodate us small business who ships our MADE IN THE USA products to these other countries, but no, they penalized us by doubling the cost to ship out of the country. 

I've read the stories and the articles online, on how the USPS is having a financial crisis, but to me, it just don't make any freaking sense.  You would think, that they are making more money, because now, more than ever, there are more people like me, running a retail store online as home business.  and that millions of people are purchasing goods online instead of going to the mall or shopping centers.  It just doesn't make any freaking sense.  What they need to do is figure out where the money leaks are, instead of raising the price. 

A wise man once told me "The best way to ruin any economy is to raise the price."

OH YEA, SO MY DRASTIC ACTION IS TO NOT HAVE MY PRODUCTS AVAILABLE IN OTHER COUNTRIES FOR DELIVERY.

NOW I AM ONE BUSINESS OWNER THAT IS NO LONGER BRINGING IN MONEY FROM OTHER COUNTRIES.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#1 Best Seller on Amazon.com

#1 Best Seller on Amazon.com
Crochet Patterns by Alicia Miranda

Total Pageviews