Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Granny Square Sofa Throw or Afghan

I'm still going crazy for granny squares.  But here is a simple project that I made during the weekend.  I used scrap yarn to piece this quick afghan together.  I crocheted granny squares with 5 rows and connected them as I complete one.  Its only 3 rows of granny squares,  Long enough and wide enough to cover where people would normally rest their head on the sofa.  I love how it turned out.  It reminds me of a quilt.


You can see how many granny squares I used to get my desired length.  It's 8 across and 3 the other way.  So far one of my favorite pieces.  Because I don't really like to do big projects.  I often never complete them or runs out of yarn. 

oh, and as you can see, I also crochet a 4 rows for the border using the granny square stitch technique of 3dc in each space. 

For granny square tutorials check my YouTube videos below.
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel
and follow my blog for more crochet tutorials.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#1 Best Seller on Amazon.com

#1 Best Seller on Amazon.com
Crochet Patterns by Alicia Miranda

Total Pageviews