Thursday, April 30, 2015

Kindle 6" inch ereader crochet cover

I love perfecting a pattern.  Or I love finding ways to make a crochet pattern better.  If you have been following my blog, in my April 10th post, I wrote about how devastated I was to find out that Barnes and Nobles discontinued their Nook tablets and ereaders.  Because of that, declined in the crochet covers have been decreasing.  So I had to buy a Kindle Tablet and an ereader.  Well here is the Kindle Touch 6" ereaders.  I am still in the process of adding these cover to my etsy shop.



I crochet these using half double crochet stitch.  It is my first time using the stitch alone in a cover.  But I love how it turned out.  It was quick and easy.

Here's my technique.

I start with about 3ft in tail.
crochet 32-35 chain (depends on the thickness of your yarn)
For Michael's loop and Thread, I used 35 chain.  (using a G size hook)
for Red Heart with Love, I only needed 32 chain because this yarn is a big thick.  (using G size hook)
connect ends to form a circle.
hdc (half double crochet) in the next stitch and the following, till end of row.
hdc in the first hdc to form the 2nd row.
continue to hdc in each stitch, until you get the desired height.
I had about 15 rows of hdc.

Close the bottom with the 3ft tail you began with.  You can either use sc (single crochet ) or slip stitch to close the bottom part of the cover.

For the loop,
once you have the desired height, form loop by crocheting 13 chain middle of the cover, then single crochet on the 10th chain from the hook and the remaining 3 chain. 
My last row is actually a row of single crochet.

hope this helps.  If you're lost, check out my Youtube channel for video tutorial similar to this technique.






No comments:

Post a Comment

#1 Best Seller on Amazon.com

#1 Best Seller on Amazon.com
Crochet Patterns by Alicia Miranda

Total Pageviews